Hi Beautiful one

When you look at an image what do you notice? How does it make you feel? Do you remember what made you smile like that? Aren't you glad you spent the time? Don't you feel beautiful? Welcome. Look around. Imagine how an image can capture laughter, confidence, love, emotion. What would your image look like?

Sunday, August 5, 2012

This is just for me

When I started this new blog I made a conscious decision to just show what I was doing in my studio professionally. I kept my kids off of it and just used facebook for images of them. But I realized how important it is to be real and take pictures of things that are important to me. I was always worried about how others will like my work so I didn't show my everyday stuff. Well... that everyday stuff is my life and these kids are my everything...so I show them. This is how I want to remember my children. I am not saying that I don't love a formal family picture with everyone looking perfect... I do...but even more I love this. I am like every other parent. Put cute clothes one (check), find cute prop to sit on (check), find nice light (check), yell at kids because they are not smiling right (check), make kids sit still while fussing with collars and skirts (check)... have no fun (check!). In this image I see my daughter...100% of her. I love to play and I love to capture them doing whatever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment